Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chasing the White Squirrel

Looking back over this blog and the frequency in which I post as well as update my material... if  I were a boxer... I think I might be referred to as a journeyman.  My running and fitness has been much the same for various reasons. 

I am however, a little over one week from adding a new wrinkle to the athletic career.  I am finishing up a pretty good summer of training and in approximately 8 days will compete in the White Squirrel Triathlon in Olney, Illinois. 

The summer workouts have led to what I feel is respectable fitness for a 49 year old participating in his first triathlon.  I plan to post some totals from training as I move into my final week of preparation as well as in reflection once I have actually completed my inaugural event.   

This is an event that I have looked at the past two summers.  My interest over the last ten years or so has been more in the area of running but due to injuries (not related to running), I have some knee issues which have me placing more of a focus on the pool and the bicycle.  I raced bicycles back in the late 80's and early 90's but have NO experience when it comes to preparing to SWIM in a competitive event.  It has been quite an experience. 

I look forward to maybe bringing the blog back to life somewhat as well as reading up what to see who is still posting as well as competing.  With nine days until the Squirrel, it is now time to finish up a summer long training process and make sure the mind, body, and spirit is ready for a new adventure. 

Every day is a good day, some are just better.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment