Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I was on Facebook this evening and just by chance, I thought.... hmmm... I wonder if the blog is still there. Amazing enough, wow. It still is. I think I'll write.
.......
It has the feel of one of those apocalyptic movies. I'll simply write and see if anybody is still out there. Its been almost a year since the last post on 64 Classic. Last year was ok in the running area. Around 750 miles or so. Picked up the bike a few times. Not enough miles to talk about. As far as racing, I believe four 5-Ks to be exact.
......
A mild injury occurred during softball season (September) which pretty much shut down the end of the year as far as serious mileage. I say mild, but I believe it was actually a slight cartilage tear.
......
I have 3 races under my belt in 2012 and have a half marathon in mind for May or June but no definite plans. Just living life. The fitness and weight is pretty good. Just rolled over 100 running miles for this year and the weight this afternoon was 202 pounds. Ok.... not great, not horrible.
.....
I'm going to blog a little and see if it takes off. If anyone is reading, throw me some motivation. I kind of started using my facebook to post my running thoughts but have enjoyed looking back over some individuals blogs that I read faithfully there for a year or so. Frayed Laces, Dangle the Carrot, Neil @ All the cool kids are doing it.... , Adam @ The Boring Runner.
......
You guys are awesome. Briefly surfed a few others too. Good to see everyone is still moving. Geez Adam.... the little one is getting big!! Gonna go and quit rattling. Nothing fancy tonight. Am going to rework the blog. Its coming. May link it to my facebook. Plan to change the setup and look forward to reading, sharing, and catching up.
.....
AS ALWAYS.... EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY, SOME ARE JUST BETTER!! WOW, THAT FELT GREAT!!

1 comment: