Thursday, March 3, 2011

WHEN I GROW UP, I WANT TO BE.....


Ok, no I don't want to be a monkey. But when I googled the phrase, this was one of the best pictures. March has roared into Missouri bringing great temperatures so far and hopefully a good running month.

The Classic hopes to improve the running totals and still make a run at the St. Louis Half. January and February brought a total of 83 running miles and 89 biking miles. Not impressive totals by any standard but hopefully there is enough base to train seriously in March.

I just got back from a Teacher Conference at Lake of the Ozarks. I stayed at the Tan-Tar-A Resort at Osage Beach. That is actually where the conference was hosted. Over the three days, I got in some quality workouts during my free time so I feel pretty good at this point entering the month.

June brings a couple of ultra options during the weekend of the 11th so this time period is the beginning that training cycle. Hope the weather is improving for all you guys up north and March finds you healthy and motivated.

Every day is a good day, some are just better. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I want to be the monkey if your not going to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should follow . . . We look alike, we run alike - mileage, I have nice blisters too, and I used to live in New Madrid. Plus, your "about me" description sums up my thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emz--you are the first to speak for it. The monkey is yours!!!

    ReplyDelete