Tuesday, October 12, 2010

IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!

With Lewis and Clark in the books, my softball season finished up, and almost a quarter of school down, hey....its 5:00 somewhere!!

My half was a great success. I finished as you can see from my last post in 2:02:00 which was very pleasing. I had somewhat of a shot at a sub two and never in my dreams was that a goal on my first half back.

My next event is the Mid South Half-Marathon in Wynne, Arkansas on November 6, 2010. I took last week pretty easy. The next three I want to turn it back up tapering the last one before the next event.

I am contemplating the FULL MONTY. St. Louis or Little Rock. Little Rock has a MONSTROUS FREAKING MEDAL and hey, what can I say.... I like bling!! It is 21 weeks away. Plenty of time.....

Major props to Laura at Frayed Laces for completing her first Ironman last weekend in Kona. Awesome job. My wife and I actually used the online tracker to follow her progress throughout the day. Wow! I got tired just running up and down the basement steps to update the computer. She has a great post with her finish video included. If you don't follow her blog, drop by and give her a shout out for a job well done. Great Job Frayed Laces!!

As I stated, our softball season finshed up last week. We ended the season at 8-15 which is absolutely below my expectations for the group. I really wanted more both for and from these girls. As for high points, we earned the number 3 seed in our district, opened the district tournament with a win before bowing out to the 2 seed, won 5 of our last 7 games, and had 4 girls make the all district team and one additional earning honorable mention. There were definately bright spots to our season. We lose only one senior but she is a dandy and may move on to play at the next level. We have some talented eighth graders who will come in next year to help solidify our lineup. Now the big decision to make over the winter. I have to decide my role; return as the trusty assistant coach or a return to the role of interested observer..... lets see.... the first ROCK AND ROLL ST. LOUIS is in October 2011, Hmmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the 2:02 half! Sub 2 is going to be easy the next around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Congrats on the 2:02!! I see a sub-2 in your future!

    ReplyDelete