Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School Days, School Days....

Week five is in the books and to be totally honest, I have very little to write about in the field of running. I had a monstrous week of softball with five total games and I also worked the concession stand for Friday night's home football game. Running took a backseat and much needed rest was taken.
...............
For the week, Mr. Kotter (me) ran a measly total of only 12.5 miles. I know, I know, I'm kind of upset about it myself but, what can a guy do? Actually, I'm not upset about it and have already jump started this week with a week opening run of 11.4 miles. What did you do with your labor day? Huh? Rest?
.................
I have to admit to having very little time to blog read or comment. When I am sitting in front of a computer, I am generally checking my e-mail or putting grades into the computer or putting lesson plans online. Whoops! Forgot to do that one today! Guess I'll get on that one tomorrow. Hope the little tikes were listening today or at least reading the board when their work was assigned. There are just soooo many things that go into the average teacher's day that it is just amazing. Sometimes the actual process of teaching in the classroom is the easy part. Notice the lesson on Mr. Feeny's blackboard is on inventions. Ha! Science and Technology, I'm just that good!
......................

It does feel good to be staring year 23 in the face though. I do have to admit. I realize that it kind of makes me somewhat OLD but what the heck. It does a body good to know that in five more years, I can retire at the ripe old age of 52. (I can go in two more but the retirement at 25 years just isn't that great.) Yeah, you pretty much have me pegged. When the Breakfast Club came out, I was the Jock, or the Geek..... now I'm the detention guy. Go figure.
............................
I've already promised the wife (a much younger and way prettier teacher than I) that after I retire, I will check in daily if I'm not in the area. She knows that if the money is available and the health is good, I may occasionally ramble across the countryside in search of a marathon or even the occasional 5-K. As any of my devoted readers know, I love a good 5-K. I may not be fast but I can hammer out the events! I wouldn't mind to be a 50 states runner but I want the events to be at my discretion. Not just marathons.
...................
I hope everyone's training is going well. I promise to sit down and catch up with my blog reading and at least try to touch base as soon as possible. I do want to welcome two new followers, Nicolle and Forward Foot Strides to my blog. I know I don't always welcome new followers and I hope no one feels slighted. I do love to watch the number of followers slowly grow and enjoy reading about other people's lives and training. Keep the new followers coming!
.....................
Every day is a good day, some are just better. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. I really don't miss being a teacher at all. Lots of work and little appreciation. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a lot to say in a non running post! I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Nice work on almost meeting your previous weekly mileage on day 1! No worries on the lack of blogging or commenting. We'll be here!

    ReplyDelete