Thursday, June 17, 2010

Frequent Listener, First Time Caller

I will occasionally listen to call in talk shows and have many times heard the title phrase, "frequent listener, first time caller." I do have to say that this is the first time that I have actually used this phrase.

For my first ever blog on 64 Classic, you get background information. I am a married father of two who has been a public school teacher for 22 years. My daughter is 18 years old and just graduated from a local high school where she was a member of the Girls Cross Country and Swim Team. (More on that later.) My son is a soon to be Eighth Grader which kind of freaks me out considering that of the three grades I teach, Eighth is usually my favorite.

Also in the realm of personal information, I am very fortunate to have a wonderful wife (who I have taught with for 15 years) as well as a great ex-wife who is amazingly enough, my next-door neighbor. (You've seen the show "Reba" right? That's our street!)

About 3 or 4 years ago, a friend of mine from another local school (Rural Runner E) started a running blog. I've been hooked ever since as a reader but just now decided to begin my own blog. Running For My Life, Frayed Laces, I Am Boring, If I can't convince you--I'll at least confuse you.... are just a few of the blogs who provide regular reading.

I hope to chronicle my running efforts and family events in a manner that at least one or two people find entertaining. I also hope that as I begin to post race performances and training logs, I get both positive and negative feedback to make these adventures more meaningful.

I constantly tell the kids at school, "as you get older, you are going to have aches and pains whether you are sitting on the couch or running around town being active. You may as well be on the move doing something fun."

Everyday is a good day, some are just better. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Thanks for the shout out on the blog roll - I really appreciate it.

    Rural Runner E, nice! Small town bloggers unite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great setup for the blog! You have somewhat the same family life as us... my parents live next door and my brother behind us haha... ours is more like the show Raymond haha!

    Nice blister on the pic, HUGE!

    Keep posting your journey's you sound like you have accomplished a lot in your life already!

    ReplyDelete